Thursday 23 March 2017

KONG Poster


The original King Kong (Merian C. Cooper, Ernest B. Schoedsack, 1933) is my favourite film of all time. That's not me saying it's flawless, sublime, the peak of humanity's experience in art. It is the film, however, that thrills me the most, touches me in my heart (which apparently does exist!). I have always been a monster guy. I do not fear the rampaging beast, I want to nurture them, show them that they have nothing to fear. Classic monster films are the greatest tragedies of all time, because they are not as selfish as tragic romances, they are misunderstood animals trying to survive. 

Rather than being a straight-up dedication to the original, this poster is more of a "If I remade" King Kong. It's still in keeping with the 1930s tone, with Carl Denham as a filmmaker, Jack Driscoll as the every-man turned action hero, an Anne as the actress lost in an unknown world, now with big boots. 

I want and plan to do more posters of my favourite films.

No comments:

Post a Comment